Initiate a request
To initiate a request, email DCFR. Requests should include a background and situational overview. DCFR will respond to the request within 48 hours.
DCFR cannot guarantee employment. It is strongly recommended that the dual career partner conduct an ongoing search on their own to secure employment.
The Ohio State University is proud to be a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC), a nonprofit consortium of 700+ colleges, universities, and related groups committed to being sites of belonging where all faculty and staff can thrive.
Learn more at HERCjobs.org.
The Columbus Area
The Ohio State University
- Columbus Metro Area Public School Listing
- Columbus Metro Area Private School Listing
- Ohio Colleges and Universities
Activities for new faculty parents and their children
- Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
- Columbus Crew
- Columbus Clippers
- Canopy Tours
- Columbus Commons
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- Zoombezi Bay
- Ohio State Fair
- ZipZone Outdoor Adventures
Visits to galleries, museums, and other destinations around Columbus
- Wexner Center for the Arts
- National Veterans Memorial Museum
- Columbus Museum of Art
- Urban Arts Space
Arts and culture
Commuting in Central Ohio
- Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA)
- The Campus Area Bus Service (CABS)
- Ohio Bike Paths
- Experience Columbus – Get Around Cbus
Ohio outdoors and recreation
Safety and security
Schools and childcare
Dual Career Services
- Provide individual consultation and networking support for faculty partners seeking professional opportunities in all fields.
- Identify resources to assist with CV and resume writing, cover letter preparation, and interview coaching.
- Assist with identifying career opportunities internal to the university as well as area employers.
- Provide information about area job postings and networking resources.
- Facilitate networking and assistance for international faculty partners and resources for English language learners.
- Provide resources to help navigate visa/immigration matters.
- Offer resources related to Career Coaching and Professional Development.
Health and Well Being
- Consult with faculty and their partners about housing options and the Columbus real estate market.
- Provide referrals to real estate agents, leasing agents, and local landlords.
- Provide short-term housing referrals for academic visitors, including but not limited to:
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are voluntary, employee-led groups that foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with the mission, values and goals of The Ohio State University. In addition to ERGs, affinity and networking groups also exist within the university and provide extreme value to the staff experience. USAC, in coordination with the Office of Human Resources (OHR), strives to provide support to these groups by hosting conversations and networking events and by sharing documentation and resources to enhance the work done by their members and leaders.
- Employee Resource Groups
- Wexner Medical Center Employee Resource Groups
- The Women's Place
- Ohio State Military and Veterans Services
- Campus Partners Homeownership Incentive Program
- Off Campus and Commuter Engagement
Socials and networking opportunities for new faculty and their partners