The dean must submit the following items to OAA (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Scarlet and Gray Associate Professor Nomination”.
- Cover letter (1,000 word maximum) that includes a summary of the nominee’s achievements, a description of the unit’s nominee selection process, plans for the college to nominate the candidate for external awards, and a focus on the three key areas below:
- Research and creative expression: Enhances Ohio State's reputation by contributing to the university's research and creative expression agenda (the letter should include an assessment of the breadth and importance of the nominee's scholarly work relative to their peers, the impact on the discipline or society, and evidence of substantial national or international recognition that argues for future recognition at the highest levels)
- Teaching: Makes outstanding contributions in the classroom or other learning environments with a particular focus on novel course content, student mentoring and/or addressing traditionally underrepresented populations.
- Service: Engages in exceptional internal and/or external service and contributes to the institution, the nominee's field, local, state, national and/or international communities.
- Nominee’s current curriculum vitae (CV)
- List of significant previous awards, separate from the CV
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com. Nominations are due February 13, 2023.
Please contact Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Patrick Louchouarn (firstname.lastname@example.org).